Friday, May 20, 2011

[untitled] Issue 4

 I attended the Launch of [untitled] Issue 4 last night, and it was an absolutely lovely evening and allowed me an insight into all the fabulous work (most often unpaid) that goes into the literary journals. [untitled] is relatively new to my radar, and I really only discovered it because I entered the short story competiton they ran at the start of the year. It is a journal, published twice a year (and in an awesome paperback book format) that exclusively publishes short stories.
In the coming few weeks you will be able to find it in bookstores (go to their website to see where it is stocked) and also directly from Busybird Publishing and Design (details also on website). I encourage everyone to go and buy it and support these authors and their stories. There is some exciting, amazing stuff, a sentiment that was echoed by judge Arnold Zable on the night. And I would also like to repeat something that was said on the night - if we want to be writers, we have to support other writing, we have to buy and read Australian books. I agree whole-heartedly, which is one of the reasons I started this blog in the first place.
(Admittedly, I also have a vested interest - the picture on the right - see a familiar name? Actually you probably can't, it's pretty bad quality. Anyway, it's my name. You can find out about that on the 'My Writing' page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment