Friday, October 1, 2010

Raw Blue wins Victorian Premier's Literary Award

Earlier this week the winners of the Victorian Premier's Literary Awards for 2010 were announced. The prize for Young Adult Fiction was won by Kirsty Eagar, for her novel Raw Blue.

I've noticed this book popping up everywhere so I think now it definately has to go on my reading list. That it is based around beaches and surfing also makes it pretty irresistible. At least to me.

I also noticed that the prize for an unpublished manuscript by an Emerging Victorian Writer was won by Peggy Frew. I remembered the name vaguely from the Age Short Story Award, and upon checking I found she won it in 2008. I think it's so fabulous to see emerging writers keep going with their work and building on the momentum and just getting their stuff out there.

Who's read Raw Blue? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment